Python is an object-oriented, high-level programming
language. Python was created as a successor to the ABC language
by Guido van Rossum at Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (CWI) in the
Netherlands in the late 1980s. The first version of Python was
released in 1991. This tutorial will provide you sufficient knowledge
of the Python programming language to make you able to create Python
programs and modules easily. After having completed this Python tutorial, you'll also be prepared to move on to more advanced Python concepts.
Python is one of the most popular languages of today. Python was named after the popular comedy show Monty Python's Flying Circus, and not a python snake.
What is Python used for?
- Python is used for developing desktop GUI applications,
web applications, scientific, business applications.
- Python has a high built-in data structures, that is
combined with dynamic typing together makes Python a very good choice for Rapid Application
Development and scripting language. Dynamic typing means that the type of a variable or the class to which an object belongs is not determined until the program is executed.
- Python is also used as a language for connecting existing
- Python is widely used in scientific and numeric computing.
Why should you learn Python?
You should learn Python because:
Python has a simple code syntax. Python was created with readability in mind, and it makes use of English keywords which makes it easy to understand and write code.
Python is interpreted programming language. Python source code is converted into bytecode first that is then processed by interpreter during execution.
Python supports a variety of modules and packages, allowing for program modularity and reusability.
- Python comes with a number of built-in testing frameworks that helps in debugging and accelerating development works. Pytest and Splinter are two testing frameworks that Python supports.
- Python code is usually compatible with the majority of non-native platforms. It can be integrated with C/C++, .NET components, ActiveX, CORBA, and Java.
- Python is one of the most popular programming languages, which is greatly preferred for Machine Learning because of its easy syntax and support for a variety of machine learning frameworks.
- Python is a powerful, scalable programming language that provides a wide range of visualization and graphics options, make it a perfect language for Data Science.
- There are a variety of libraries, packages, frameworks, and modules available for data manipulation, statistical calculations, web development, machine learning, and data science.
How to print Hello World in Python?
In Python, you can print Hello World in just one line of code.